performance teaching and learning will always be the main focus at Chatswood
Hills State School. Our current pedagogical framework is built around using
feedback as a platform for success and improvement. Following our visit from the school
improvement unit we are proud to provide their report findings and
recommendations outlined below.
School Improvement Review (PDF, 486KB)
Subjects and Programs
At Chatswood Hills State School we follow the Australian Curriculum (ACARA), Queensland Curriculum, and the Assessment and Reporting Framework Essential Learnings and Standards.
The Australian Curriculum informs our planning, teaching, assessing and reporting for the following key learning areas:
- English (Language, Literature and Literacy)
- Mathematics (Number and Algebra, Statistics and Probability and Measurement and Geometry)
- Science (Science understanding, Science as a Human Endeavor and Science Inquiry Skills)
- HASS (History and Social Sciences)
- The Arts (dance, drama, visual art, music and media)
- Heath and Physical Education (physical education, health and personal development)
- Languages Other than English (Japanese)
- Technologies (Digital Technologies and Design and Technology)
Our Pedagogical Framework reflects the way we do teaching and learning at Chatswood Hills. At its heart is student well being from which everything else is built. Constructive, timely feedback and goal setting by students assists them to know where they are and how to make progress.It also clearly articulates that planning for student learning is linked to student data and achievement is moderated for consistency.
Deep Learning is being implemented in our school to complement our curriculum delivery and skill our students in the 21st century skills of communication, critical thinking, character, creativity, citizenship and collaboration. It encourages our students to develop these skills in conjunction with our connected curriculum.
iPad's are an integral part of teaching and learning at Chatswood Hills. Not only can students engage with online activities that support their learning journey but they can also share their creativity, hone their communication, develop citizenship, and build online collaboration skills. We believe these are essential for the future leaders we are developing at Chatswood Hills State School.